Construction fact sheet
Construction of Optus Stadium and the surrounding Stadium Park commenced on Sunday 7 December 2014. See below for interesting facts and key milestones.
Construction fact sheet:
- Approx. 2,000 concrete piles driven into the site over 12 months.
- Each pile driven to a depth of 35m
- More than 100 contracts issued by Multiplex.
- The Stadium has five levels, at a total height of 42m.
- 21 Olympic sized swimming pools of concrete used to build the Stadium.
- Pouring of the 1st concrete slab in mid-2015
- Eight tower cranes in place by end of 2015
- Seat installation commenced early 2016
- Installation of the unique bronze facade begins early 2016
- Over 5,800 workers directly employed during construction. Workforce peaks in early 2017.
- Grass playing service completed in mid-2017
- 36 months of construction ending in 2017