A multi-purpose venue
Optus Stadium will be a world-class multi-purpose venue capable of hosting a range of sporting and entertainment events including AFL, cricket, rugby union and rugby league, soccer and concerts.
The commitment to a ‘fans first’ stadium has resulted in an innovative design ensuring an exceptional event atmosphere and home ground advantage that can only be experienced by being there. Key features of the design are outlined below.
- 60,000 seating capacity giving every fan an exceptional view and maximising atmosphere.
- East:west field orientation to replicate alignment of the MCG and Subiaco Oval.
- Field of play dimensions: 165m x 130m boundary line to boundary line. This is closely aligned with the MCG, which is 160m x 141m.
- Dedicated changing rooms for local AFL teams: West Coast Eagles on the north-east side of the Stadium and Fremantle Football Club on the north-west. Plus dedicated facilties for female officials. Female changing rooms for Women’s AFL and cricket matches.
- State of the art LED lighting to illuminate home team colours around the ‘halo’ roof.
- From 2018, Optus Stadium will host Test Matches and Limited Overs Matches with England, South Africa and India plus all Big Bash League Matches.
- Design meets International Cricket Council standards and requirements.
- Five drop-in cricket wickets to replicate the character of the Western Australian Cricket Association (WACA) wicket plus 16 outdoor practice wickets.
- Playing surface 177m x 141m fence line to fence line.
- Sight screens positioned to reduce impact on fan views and maximise seating for a minimum of 55,000 fans.
- State of the art team facilities including an indoor cricket warm-up and practice wickets for each team.
- Two dedicated Player Viewing Rooms with direct access to changing rooms and playing surface.
- Potential capacity up to 65,000 seats.
- Up to 5,000 drop in seats on all four sides of the boundary. Permanent seating is raised approximately 1.5m from ground level ensuring the drop-in seats can be added without comprising the fan experience.
- Unobstructed, quality views of the field of play.
- 12 hour turn around time to install or remove drop in seats.
- Design meets Federation Internationale de Football Association (FIFA), International Rugby Board (IRB) and Australian Rugby League Commission (ARLC) standards and requirements.
- Some of the largest home team facilities in Australia including change room facilities, coaches briefing rooms and three warm up space.
- Range of different stage locations: eastern stand, northern stand or centre of the pitch.
- Maximum capacity in concert mode is 70,000 when the stage is located in the centre of the pitch.
- The BHP Amphitheatre in the Stadium Park provides tiered seating for approximately 1,000 people and can host a range of events including outdoor movies, children’s plays and concerts.
- Capable of hosting international athletics events, such as the IAAF World Championships and meets Commonwealth Games requirements.
- Removable concrete plats on the lower bowl to facilitate reconfiguration into athletics mode.
- 60,000 seating capacity.
- Media facilities with the capability to accommodate an increased contingent for international events.
Event and non-event day products
- More than 50 food and beverage outlets offering a wide range of choices.
- Premium facilities available for year round use for conferences, functions and meetings.
- The Coaches’ Room is flanked by the West Coast Eagles and Fremantle Dockers coaches boxes. Sound can be projected from the Coaches’ Boxes into the Coaches’ Room, giving patrons unrivalled insight into the game.
- The Locker Room offers fans the opportunity to watch the the players warm up and view the post-match media conference.
- The Skyview Lounge is located underneath a one of the two super screens. Patrons can stand and watch an event plus take in the views back to the City.
- A premium public bar for 200 people available on event and for non-event day functions.
- The Riverview Rooms on the western end provide spectacular views across the Swan River and can operate independently or combined, accommodating a total of 1,200 people in one connected space.
- A 150 person capacity a la carte and a 300 person capacity buffet restaurant are located outside the Stadium, adjacent to the western entrance, providing a destination on both event and non-event days.
- The former Burswood Golf Course clubhouse and function rooms will be redeveloped to provide bar and restaurant facilities for event and non-event days.
|The Locker Room
||Ground Level north
||Level 2 north
||Level 2 north-west
|Black Swan Room
||Level 2 north-west
||Level 2 north-east
||Level 3 north
||Level 3 south
||Level 3 south-east
||up to 500
||Level 3 south-west
||up to 500
|Riverview Rooms (3)
||Level 3 west
||500 per room (total 1,500)
|Open Corporate Reserve Boxes
||Level 3 south
||84 boxes with 8 & 10 person capacities
||Level 5 west
- Ground level north
- Level 3 north
- Level 4 north & south
- 101 suites
- 12, 16 & 24 person capacities