Optus Stadium is a State Government owned asset. The operations for Optus Stadium have been outsourced to Stadium Operator, VenuesLive, which is an agent of VenuesWest.
Optus Stadium has been designed with a technological focus, and as such, significant infrastructure is available to support lighting the Stadium including the halo fabric roof and façade surrounding the exterior of the Stadium.
Hirers of Optus Stadium have access to the exclusive use of the lighting system on their respective event days, see Optus Stadium Event Calendar here. The Event Calendar is subject to change.
There exists a limited opportunity to use the Stadium lights to promote causes whilst gaining positive media and brand recognition. To maintain the unique nature of the Stadium lights, the frequency of use outside of hirer event days will be limited to ensure this feature is not unduly diminished.
- Optus Stadium will accept requests to use the lighting system from charitable and not-for-profit organisations who are promoting a significant event or appeal that:
i. is recognised within the State of Western Australia; and/or
ii. has national or international significance, as determined by Optus Stadium and/or the State Government.
- Optus Stadium will recognise WA Day and Australia Day.
- Applications will not be considered for national days of other countries or from individuals for their own purposes unless they have a strong historical connection in Western Australia e.g. St Patrick’s Day.
- Commercial partners of Optus Stadium will also have the opportunity to make lighting requests.
- Optus Stadium will accommodate charitable/not-for-profit lighting requests for up to fifteen (15) days per year.
- Requests will only be considered for one (1) night.
- Any requests that Optus Stadium considers to be political, religious or of a sensitive nature will be determined by the State Government as advised by the State Representative of VenuesWest.
- Optus Stadium reserves the right to accept or reject applications at their absolute discretion.
- The Stadium will generally be lit with one colour in fixed mode.
- The coloured lighting will include the halo fabric roof and the façade surrounding the exterior of the Stadium.
- Approved lighting requests will be accommodated from darkness on the approved day.
- Applications can be made up to one (1) year in advance at a maximum of one (1) night per organisation/request.
- Applications will be considered on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Costs will be applied for programming light colours or light combinations that do not already exist in the Stadium’s pallete.
- Completed application forms should be submitted to [email protected]